Why there's no "jobs" section

Hi there,

How it comes there’s so much demand for blockchain related profiles but there’s no section for jobs? I really expected a section where people could look for complementary profiles :thinking:

Cheers

2 Likes

Roger that. I am trying to understand that too.

2 Likes

Hey guys, hope you are great.

The problem with a “job” section is that most of them could be scam (we have seen the intentions of those “job opportunities”).

So No job offers in the forum, that’s one of the reasons why at the end of each course we encourage the student to update his linkedin profile so it can reach to the best exposure in a REAL website which is dedicated to hire professionals.

Maybe in a future if the idea is analyzed indeep, the Academy could have a job section BUT in the Academy, not here in the forum (is not the best place for your own sake :mage:)

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

4 Likes

Thanks @thecil! Understood

Anyway, could you tell us, if I were to look for a blockchain/crypto development job, where I would look for it?

Cheers,

Luis

1 Like

Maybe this one could give you an idea on what jobs offers are in the market right now :nerd_face:

https://cryptojobs.com/#s=1

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

4 Likes

Hello There,

I have just replied to a post here in the forum about a job opportunity do you think is that a scam :roll_eyes:

Please have a look:
https://forum.ivanontech.com/t/re-job-listing-non-techy-job-in-crypto/29772

Please Let me know if I have to take any further action or if you think it is legit.

Many Thanks,

1 Like

Hi Everybody!

I’m just chugging along! I didn’t hear anything on jobs! Sorry! But this is not a scam! Ivan said there would be jobs for NON Computer Skills like myself! So let’s see!
I am stating from scratch.

2 Likes

@thecil shall I just delete my cv and data from this post just in case it is a scam?

https://forum.ivanontech.com/t/re-job-listing-non-techy-job-in-crypto/29772

Please advice.

Many thanks for all your support.
:pray:

1 Like

Apparently the user that you sent that email does not exist anymore (probably we delete him since we do not accept job offers post in the forum, reasons explained some posts above this one :nerd_face:)

Also yes, i could advice you to delete the message, that is very sensitive personal data, thats why we encourage to use the best tools that internet offers you (linkedin, cryptojobs, serious websites that dedicate to job offers).

AND PLEASE KEEP IN MIND: If Ivan or the Academy have a job offer, we will let you guys know through the officials channels, such as the Academy platform or Ivan himself on GMC.

Carlos Z

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the advance.

Many thanks, :wink:

It would be nice to have a section where vetted jobs are posted, and not just ones for programmers too.

1 Like

@thechil I completely agree… there is so much spam nowadays in job boards it’s so sad because people really want to find a decent job and it frustrates me to see those posts. I fell for a scam in my university job board a few years ago and it was the worst!

I do see Ivan’s daily Good Morning Crypto show and sometimes he mentions available jobs and tells us to let the company know he sent you so my recommendation would also be to watch Ivan and follow him on twitter to stay tuned to some of those opportunities.

Also, there are some networking forums around here and it may be good to get to know others in the academy… you never know when they may help you find a job! I’m talking about small 10-15 people groups not hundreds and thousands of people because then that decreases the value and becomes overwhelming. Check out this forum for example :slightly_smiling_face: towards the newest posts you’ll see some options to network…

4 Likes

The fact is a big part of the marketing around ivans academy is how blockchain developer jobs are in high demand. However if you actually do a search not many jobs come up. I’ve searched linkedin, careerbuilder, dice and monster and I just don’t see the demand maybe a a hand full on each site. So(shoulder shrug) :thinking: