About the BEGINNERS & HELP category

Hey @iceman12276, hope you are great.

Now i would love to help you with your code, could you post it correctly? so i can copy/paste it a review it properly :slight_smile:

You can use the ā€œPreformatted Textā€ Button to encapsulate any kind of code you want to show.

function formatText(){

let words = ā€œIā€™m a preformatted Text box, Please use me wisely!ā€

}

prefromatted_text-animated

Carlos Z.

Hey @Gabrielita, hope you are ok.

Iā€™ve talked with my team, our Sweden Team has suggested this one has one of the most easiest way to buy bitcoin on Sweden.

https://bt.cx/

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

<

!DOCTYPE htlm>
<html>
  <head>
    <title>This is a great website</title>

</head>

<body>
    <h1>This is the title</h1>
    <script>
    let input = prompt("How much do you make a year?")
    if(input < 1000){
      var totaltax = (input * .1);
    }
    console.log(totaltax);
    else {
  var tax = 1000*0.1 + (income - 1000) * 0.3;
  }
    console.log(tax)

</script>
  </body>

<html/>
1 Like

Okay so it is formatted the way you displayed how to do it, hopefully this should help lol.

1 Like

Ok the problem is on the conditional if else syntax, you have console.log(totaltax); between the syntax.

The usual syntax for the conditional if else is always

if(condition){
//do this
}else{
//do this, else
}

So basically you just have to move the console.log(totaltax) function inside your if body. Try it out and let me know :nerd_face:

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

Yes it worked. Thank you , but I do have other questions, so for one of the assignments I have been trying to get it to return a number but it keeps returning a NaN. If you run the program youā€™ll what Iā€™m talking about on the console. Donā€™t know what else to do . Oh and then the next question is how do you solve Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token, Unexpected number, and Unexpected identifiers. What does that mean too?

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en-US">

<head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
    <title>Today's Date</title>
</head>

<body>
  <script>
  var passenger = 0
  let station1 = parseInt(prompt("How many people are coming on the bus?"))
  if (station1 + passenger >= 30) {
     passenger + station1
    console.log("The bus is full"+" "+(passenger + station1 - 30)+" "+"have to walk.")
  passenger = 30
  }
  else {
    passenger += station1;
    console.log(station1 + " passengers are going on the bus.")
  }

let station2 = parseInt(prompt("How many people are coming on the bus?"))
  if (station2 + passenger >= 30) {
    console.log("The bus is full"+" "+passenger + station2 - 30+" "+"have to walk.")
  passenger = 30
  }
  else {
    passenger += station2;
    console.log(station2 + " passengers are going on the bus.")
  }

let station3 = parseInt(prompt("How many people are coming on the bus?"))
  if (station3 + passenger >= 30) {
    console.log("The bus is full"+" "+passenger + station3 - 30+" "+"have to walk.")
  passenger = 30
  }
  else {
    passenger += station3;
    console.log(station3 + " passengers are going on the bus.")
  }
  </script>
</body>

</html>
1 Like

Great to see you are going through :slight_smile:

Now the NaN issue appears from a bad use of an operator in some variables, I have set some comments in your code, made some improvements so you can understand better how to fix some issues you had with the console.log() when your bus is full.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en-US">

<head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
    <title>Today's Date</title>
</head>

<body>
  <script>
  //amount of passengers always must start at 0
  var passenger = 0
  //parse to int
  let station1 = parseInt(prompt("How many people are coming on the bus?"))
  //Example: station1 = 31
  if (station1 + passenger >= 30){ // 0 + 31 is >= 30 
     passenger + station1 // ??? this should be assigned to a variable, maybe "passenger += station1" ??
     //operations on variables must be used inside () to calculate properly

/* also can use another variable to calculate that
     let total_passenger = (passenger + station1 - 30)
     then just use "total_passenger" variable into the next console, result should be the same
     */
    console.log("The bus is full"+" "+(passenger + station1 - 30)+" "+"have to walk.")
  passenger = 0 //passenger should be reset to 0 so the next IF start with new values
  //total_passenger = 0
  //also reset "total_passenger" in case you want to use it
  }
  else {
    passenger += station1;
    console.log(station1 + " passengers are going on the bus.")
  }

let station2 = parseInt(prompt("How many people are coming on the bus?"))
  if (station2 + passenger >= 30) {
    console.log("The bus is full"+" "+(passenger + station2 - 30)+" "+"have to walk.")
  passenger = 30
  }
  else {
    passenger += station2;
    console.log(station2 + " passengers are going on the bus.")
  }

let station3 = parseInt(prompt("How many people are coming on the bus?"))
  if (station3 + passenger >= 30) {
    console.log("The bus is full"+" "+(passenger + station3 - 30)+" "+"have to walk.")
  passenger = 30
  }
  else {
    passenger += station3;
    console.log(station3 + " passengers are going on the bus.")
  }
  </script>
</body>

</html>

Most of the time is some kind of miss type on a code line, it could be an extra symbol, example: an extra ; [] {} / (), Unexpected token.
Some times bad invoke on a variable, like trying to bind a integer value into an string variable (Unexpected number)
Basically a syntax error, meaning something in your syntax is not correct, what i always do is to verify closely the codeline that the error point to me.

Carlos Z.

Good afternoon! as of today, 11/9, I still donā€™t show a way to link the forum with Academy however Ivanā€™s videoā€™s are telling me to do so. Is this still in beta and not able to link or am I doing something wrong? In his videos his dashboard looks slightly different and mine does not have a ā€œlinkā€ feature so Iā€™m thinking itā€™s just not ready yet?

Hello,

Realy enjoying the lectures and assignments.
Now I ran into some problems.
I did complete the Blockchain and Bitcoin 101 course but it isnā€™t marked off in dashboard. Am I doing something wrong?
second I started my next course Eth 101 but canā€™t get to the next category, its telling me to do my homework but I already posted it. Maby they donā€™t like my answers :slight_smile:

Kind regards
Snorlax

1 Like

Hi @Snorlax66, hope you are great.

Now could you please show an screenshot of both issues? After each lesson you can click the ā€œMark Completeā€ button to unlock the next one.

Also for Eth 101 should not be any limitation for homeworks.

Carlos Z.

Hello Carlos,

The problem is fixed. thank you

Kind regards

1 Like

Hey Guys!!

I am looking for a soft wallet to keep some of my currency in for trading and transfer purposes. I am currently waiting for my ledger nano to arrive but I have been purchasing my crypto on coinbase and have left it in there for now. I would like to move platforms due to the charts not really being helpful for trade and I hear the feeā€™s are higher. I would also like to start purchasing larger amounts of crypto so I can get a piece of the action sooner rather then later.

As you can imagine, I am super overwhelmed. All I want is a wallet I can download my crypto to and then disperse part of it into a trading platform and the other part into my hard wallet. I am in the US so I believe I will be using Phemex for trading. I would also like to get a soft wallet that is fast with updating the market value as well as quick transfers. I have looked at a bunch of apps and the reviews are not really positive. Any advice, feedback or comments would be very appreciated.

Thank you so much for taking time to read my comment,
Lake

1 Like

Hi @Reach.Higher, hope you are ok.

I can suggest to look into https://www.exodus.io/ (soft wallet), which can be use to buy, hold and manage multiple assets. Also for trading I use https://www.binance.com/, also for P2P (trade assets like BTC to fiat directly), you can also use it to purchase cryptos with visa/master cards.

Just check that both options works for US, since I dont know exactly if their able to operate in US.

Carlos Z.

Thank you, They have a US. Binance trading platform, Thank you.

1 Like

Hi. Iā€™m Joon. Iā€™m an aspiring blockchain developer and cryptocurrency consultant, on a mission to create a more just and equitable world with blockchain technology. I see the amazing opportunities that blockchain presents to ensure social and environmental justice for all and I am committed to innovating this technology and contributing to the space.
My goal is to become a proficient developer, land a full time job in 6 months and launch my own social justice and environmental project within a year.
Iā€™m so excited to have joined the academy. I know that I have made the right decision to invest in myself and I look forward to growing my knowledge here and getting to know this awesome community. Please reach out if you think we might have some common interests or could help each other in some way.
-Tech4Justice

Hi All, Iā€™ve just joined and really keen to learn about trading crypto. I have signed up to tomorrowā€™s webinar but now, due to work commitments, I canā€™t watch it. Will I be able to watch it back afterwards?
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi @JodyC, hope you are great.

Webinars are live streamed events, so there is not playback after it, still we will be repeating the subjects time to time (on live stream), so if you miss one, stay tuned for when ivan launch a new one :slight_smile:

Carlos Z

Ah ok, thatā€™s a shame. Thanks for letting me know Carlos

Hi Ivan
Iā€™m really glad to join your course and the forum and Iā€™m really eager to dive in to the details Iā€™d started investing in Bitcoin and crypto a few months ago and it turned out to be a very pleasant surprise and now Iā€™m ready for more knowledge thanks again and let me know what should I do next

1 Like

Hi there to all, i am totally new to this and wanted to introduce myself. My name is austin and I am from Malta, a small island in the Mediterrenian sea
I am not sure how this works but i really keen in learning
Regards
Austin

1 Like