Become your own hedge fund | Yield Hacking Strategy - Discussion

Hi there the Geyser at this moment gives you free extra AMPLs in order to do this you will have to lock your tokens in a Uniswap pool in this way you also midigate downside risk and stack more ETH at the same time.

Amadeo, thanks for your reply.
Thing that puzzles me is that I have coins in my wallet and I also receive AMPL tokkens each day, but I am not in any poolā€¦ itā€™s just in my wallet.
So I am wondering why would I put my ampl in UniSwap pool? if in my wallet I receive ampls already

1 Like

Research the rebase function of the ampleforth supply.

1 Like

I understand rebaseā€¦ price little above dollar you get ampls, neutral area no ampls, below 0.96dollars you get reduced ampls.
But what I donā€™t get is why would you want to do geyser? Isnā€™t it more fine sitting on a wallet an collecting, then do AMPLs + eth on Geyser. Just thought someone would have the answer.

1 Like

Geyser is both eth and Ampl, and they both grow. If you just want more AMPL and faster then leave them as they are, but if you wanna stack eth as well then chuck it in Geyser.

1 Like

Thank you very much, allā€¦ for clearing things a bit. Will do a deeper dive in Ampleforth, cause I see whitepaper is quite demanding

2 Likes

The best use case I found so far is to link my metamask account with Uniswap, where I can swap ETH for many tokens that are not available on major exchanges, therefore I can enter projects at early stage with small amount waiting for the 1000x move during the bull run. However, I try to play around with Dai and collateral loans in Oasis and Aave, I found gas prices are too high, and collateral is also high in comparison with the return. Also I do not like the risk of being liquidated on my ETH, as the market is very volatile. But the whole DEFI space is great, just is at a very early stage.

2 Likes

I would like the idea and tools of Arbitrage trading - FURU it looks simple and easy for people to understand and to make the swap for profit quickly. Simple system that makes money is what its all about and many non tech people can participate to the DeFi space. The DeFi bot will be interesting. I know trading bot losses more than gains.

1 Like

Run a node and scan the blockchain! Everything ETH based is on chain. All you need to know are the smart contract addresses for different DEXs, compare prices, and when arbitrage exists, execute the trade!

Timing, slippage, and fees are the variables to consider. Since the prices across all DEXs can change every block, you will have to execute the trade quickly. This is one reason why bots are recommended, as it is nearly humanly impossible to find an arb opportunity and execute it in time. Slippage would be the difference between your expected return from the trade and the actual fulfilled trade. Of course, every transaction will require fees in ETH.

One reason to use flash loans for arb moves is to scale the gains into profit because of set factors like the above mentioned variables.

This is a video where the author shows and gives away some code of a bot that does the price scanning. You could program auto trading logic to implement trades automatically when such arb opportunities exist. With bots, you can scan multiple assets, and multiple DEXs to widen your chances of opportunity.

5 Likes

Yes, lets get this going!!

Thanks for all the info. I plan on trying to make a lot of money once I figure out a strategy.

Seems my pace is slowing as I am working through all the articles. This statement struck me when I re-read this article this morning.:

even as the liquidity pool has grown from a GM of 421 (30 ETH and 5,900 DAI) when the exchange was launched on 2 November 2018, to a GM of 17,890 (1,613 ETH and 198,385 DAI) on 14 February 2019 ā€” a more than 40-fold increase.

Pintail (February 14, 2019) Understanding Uniswap Returns, medium.com, retrieved August 31, 2020, from https://medium.com/@pintail/understanding-uniswap-returns-cc593f3499ef
Emphasis is mine.

I find it fascinating that something as large and dominant as Uniswap started with such a modest amount of assets. As I have been thinking of starting my own project, I am often discouraged by how small my budget is. I find this morsel of information about Uniswap really encouraging.

1 Like

The more I learn about DeFi, the more scaptical I get. I mean, noobs doing arbitrage trading with flash loans and zero capital :joy: Might try some liquidity staking when the economy matures, but for now I think you get the best risk adjusted return by HODLing.

This dudes seems scammy ā€¦ I do run some buts but they keep me up at night and give me a lot of headics ā€¦ there is no free lunch sorry ā€¦

3 Likes

Thank you, thank you! - examples like this are very helpful!

1 Like

Iā€™m starting to understand yield hacking at last! We can have Defi work for us by investing in Stable tokens, Token Sets, Defi Hedge Funds and Liquity Pools. I find the many different examples and links very helpful, also the presentation docs. Iā€™m starting with Furucombo to dive deeperā€¦

2 Likes

Great information and lesson study to apply how to generate yields by risking some of the capital. Itā€™s a great way to be your own bank and explore so many areas to implement different strategies. So far iā€™m only providing some liquidity for ETH/AMPL . 50/50% on geyser almost 2 months. Recently they add more pairs. Anyway, perhaps the only thing right now is hodling me back for using a big some of money in using CDP and other protocols for borrowing and lending is the technical and gas fees on the ETH network but so far is better way to start slowly while learning more. On other network like EOS and BNB is less fees but not much LIQUIDITY/DAPPs interaction like ETH . Still working on my yield hacking strategy. Greatly appreciate the yield hacking strategy and hedge fund stuffā€¦@amadeobrands. Thank you. :smiley::pray:

2 Likes

Nice and noble Idea. I suggest you to go to Buenos Aires to implement it. It has all the ingredients you mentioned. Also, the city is beautiful as well as the people and the food :slight_smile:

1 Like

@mr_e @amadeobrands

Im trying to install the price-bot from Dapp university but the terminal is giving me de error:

npm install
-bash: npm: command not found

Can you please help to get my price bot online.

Thanks

2 Likes

@amadeobrands

How long can you have a flashloan active?
In my understanding it has to be instant.
but how can you then profit by adding liquidity or staking with a flash loan? if that is not possible, then arbitrage is the only thing we can do with flashloans?
Let me know
Keep it up

Groetjes uit Rotterdam

1 Like