Course typos and mistakes

Yes, right you are…

Thank you @doon! Updated :slight_smile:

1 Like

spent

1 Like

Reading assignment - HTML:

“might be the first time you ever see code.” should be “might be the first time you have ever seen code.”.

@clicksady Make sure you click complete and continue after the lesson so you can mark your progress. It says 0% in the picture and honestly marking up the progress will make sure you know where you left off. Just a tip. :smiley:

Discussion instead of dicsussion… Typo in the link

:wink:
1 Like

I’m not sure if a function really is a type of value. Maybe someone can explain…

Another quiz error. I wonder if some of those answers we never set and just default to option #1?

This is in the Common Pitfalls, Tips & Tricks, question 3. Answer is option #1 currently, but from what I gathered the correct answer should be #2 (“We don’t know how much gas that transaction will consume, which can lead to unplanned function behaviour.”)

Also there is a typo on the last word of the sentence, which reads: “Why shouldn’t we perform loops in solidity without a fixed number of interactions?” Instead, “interactions” should be replaces with “iterations”, correct?

A typo in Optional: Introduction to Computer Science - MIT Lecture:

This is a wonderful lecture talking about computer science and cimputation. Although this lecture if optional I highly encourage you to watch it to get an overview of the field before we get our hands dirty.

I think there is a very small typo in the Assignment hint - lists (use only after you tried on your own) section.
In the first sentence i think you want to say “lists” NOT “links”, right ??
If you’ve spend hours trying to figure out links in HTML…

Cheers!!

1 Like

Section:

HTML and Web:
Understanding Web Technology - Harvard Lecture

1. Two misspellings of the word ‘‘Harvard’’.

2. This is a perfect and fun lecture from Harvard that will recap everything we’ve learned and will in some of the gaps you currently might have about HTML.

This should read:

This is a perfect and fun lecture from Harvard that will recap everything we’ve learned and will fill in some of the gaps you currently might have about HTML.

Hi Ivan you have made some mistakes, in the section Understanding If-Else Deeper. You forgot a " ; " at the end of each instructions for each questions.

1 Like

In “Understanding Web Technology - Hardvard Lecture”, Harvard is a misspelling and also “This is a perfect and fun lecture from Harvard that will recap everything we’ve learned and will in some of the gaps you currently might have about HTML.”

should read “This is a perfect and fun lecture from Harvard that will recap everything we’ve learned and will fill in some of the gaps you currently might have about HTML.”

In HTML first exercise:

If you’ve spend hours trying to figure out links in HTML and still cannot get it to work we have a hint for you.

must be:

If you’ve spend hours trying to figure out lists in HTML and still cannot get it to work we have a hint for you.

In

Understanding Web Technology - Hardvard Lecture

This is a perfect and fun lecture from Harvard that will recap everything we’ve learned and will in some of the gaps you currently might have about HTML.

should be:

This is a perfect and fun lecture from Harvard that will recap everything we’ve learned and will fill in some of the gaps you currently might have about HTML.

1 Like

Hi!

Not sure I would classify this as a mistake but from where I am, it threw me for a little. I am running Mac Air and in working in Atom for the first HTML web page, following the instructions, I was unable to open my project. I finally figured out I needed to ‘leave’ Atom and go directly to where my file was saved in order to be able to open it in a web browser. It could just be me as I am new to this whole programming thing, but just in case it isn’t, maybe this can help another fellow Mac user, should they have the same problem.

Thanks and have an awesome day!

1 Like

On the HTML and WEB course one part said Hardvard Lecture on the 2nd to the last course. I was thinking maybe its suppose to say Harvard Lecture

The very first video ‘Welcome by Ivan on Tech’ at 2:17 tells people to go to forum.ivanontech.com instead of forum.toshitimes.com

1 Like

Awesome feedback everyone, we’ll have to hire an intern or something to fix everything :grin: We’re too dyslexic

1 Like

Perfect job for an intern :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like