Desperately in need of guidance

im new here as of today. im currently incarcerated and i want to expand my knowledge because the prison system is anti-advanced-education. im using a contraband phone that i was able to purchase at an extremely high price but i can now reach out to the world and my family so i can never put a price on that.

ive been gone from the world for over 8 years and this is the first time ive had access to the internet in over 8 years. in 2017 i read INTERNET OF MONEY by Andreas Antonopoulos and i had never heard of Bitcoin up until that moment. it wss about August 2017. since that day ive been doing nothing but consuming anything about bitcoin, blockchain, cypherpunks, encryption, Cryptocurrencies, etc. in about a year i was fortunate enough to have family and friends ordering me books. ive now read more than 20 books and ive read these books no less than 6x’s a piece! THE BOOK OF SATOSHI, BLOCKCHAIN AND THE LAW, MASTERING BITCOIN, THE BITCOIN STANDARD, etc, etc…

I contacted an outside career institute that charged my mom $800 dollars to send me books about “C” coding, i graduated with honors and a 93%gpa, but i just had the books, i didnt have access to a terminal. i started teaching a class to other prisoners, teaching about bitcoin, blockchain and crypto. i taught this class for a year then transferred to this new prison on medical transfer, my dad has stage 4 lung cancer. its been a rough ride.

i got this phone about 2 months ago and i just started an educational group on Facebook to help spread thr wird to family and friends and right now i have 63 members.

i met a British lady there on Facebook and i helped her learn about bitcoin and wallets, she had since invested an extremely large amount of money into crypto. she’s very happy and she found IVAN ON TECH and told me she’d pay for a year for me if i wanted. i accepted her offer and now here i am… if you can help guide me i really could use the help. im 41 years old, from America.

3 Likes

Hey man good that you reached out, I can assure you, you are doing absolutely the right thing studying blockchain and everything that goes with it, and hopefully getting you on the right track. I am sorry about your dad. May God have mercy on him.

You will enjoy Ivan’s academy, he is passionate about blockchain and really down to earth guy.

Hope you haven’t got long to go in prison and hope you find inner peace with yourself.

Keep it going man.

Serge

1 Like

Hey thanks bro! On the bright side of things I have the time on my hands to master the knowledge and the majority of people are too busy in the world with obligations and responsibilities and dont understand a lick of blockchain or crypto.

I can explain how blockchain works, I can explain asymmetric encryption, I can break down more than 100 coin projects, I can explain smart contracts, I can tell you about cypherpunks, Timothy may, Adam Back, John Hughes, Phil Zimmerman and PGP… all of that but I cant program. I did take a mail-in course but it was all multiple choice and I had no access to any terminal to test programs. So I believe I’m going to need blockchain programming skills.

My son will be 10yrs old on the 18th of this month and I’d love to find a blockchain platform for him also.

So, I’m here and I hope we can stay in touch. Again thanks for the welcome and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Bennie O

best of luck and all the success in the world.

I’m glad to hear that someone was kind enough to invest in your education. I am a bit jealous because I wish I had that support myself.

I’m not sure if you know anything about Ivan. He’s a Belarusan-Swede programmer who has become one of the most popular figures in the Crypto world. Most people that follow crypto probably know who he is or have at least seen one video of him.

He has a show every day that he streams live and later uploads to youtube, I don’t know how often you get a chance to be on the internet due to your situation but I would at least consider watching a few minutes of his daily show when you get a chance. It talks about current events regarding crypto and it’s probably the most informative one because unlike many other crypto youtubers, Ivan is actually a programmer who knows what is going on.

As for the course, I was skeptical of the course at first, I thought it was probably not worth the money. However, I was quickly proven wrong, I’ve been doing the course for 3-4 weeks now and have learned so much already and have begun working on an ongoing project that uses the skills I learned so far. It might be a bit harder for you when you get to the coding sections of the course since you may need to download IDEs for C++ but you could always write the code in a notepad document and send it to one of us to compile it for you, if you are unable to compile it yourself.