Finished the JavaScript programming course, what to do now?

Hey guys, I’ve got a general question regarding blockchain programming courses. I’ve just completed the JavaScript course and my study plan (and Ivan) suggests to take the C++ course right after JavaScript.

Would it be a better idea to maybe try to expand my knowledge of JavaScript first since this course only covered the very basics or move to C++ right away and come back to JavaScript at a different time?
Thanks

2 Likes

depends on your goal. Ivan’s academy is designed to teach blockchain development. He taught you what you need. There’s lots more to learn in JS, and there are plenty of other programs out there if that’s your goal. I feel that what I learned in the academy was sufficient to continue as scheduled. As Ivan would say, you do you, just wear your big-boy paints.

4 Likes

JavaScript is the first step to become a blockchain developer, I always suggest to go with JS first, then if you have learned the basics really well, you should be able to go with Ethereum Programming 101 and so on without any hard challenge (Solidity is quite easy to understand once you have learned JS with a solid fundamental knowledge).

Now about c++ is used on EOS programming and smart contracts, c++ is a more complex languange but is very powerfull, but it is more complex than JavaScript or Solidity, so going into Solidity first will get you used to programming languanges and then c++ could be more easy to learn.

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

4 Likes

I am very pleased that you have asked that, because I was thinking the same. I always wanna be sure what I am doing and make the things sustainable and scalable etc. Thanks for asking.

I agree with thecil, and I exactly did the same he suggested. JS, Solidty, Now Im having Cpp.

JS gave me the idea of OOP* which is an easy abstraction method of setting commands architecture for everybody because it’s the easiest way of implement and learn how. Solidity is from the same familia but Cpp is like a grandfather to them, like while you wanna make a joke at he same table when having drinks together you will need sone courage. An hard old guy.

Besides DeFi still is the big spot at the end of the day recently. Solidity is like the cheapset vehicle in the industry to take on to get somewhere in the new era. Im telling like that by the educational aspect. Id say dont pass it.

And dani88 is right with the pants cos you are on blockchain developer goal and there’s no time nor sense to digest every feature of a language now. Put what you have at full throttle. Real learning happens when your hands get dirty.

Before going you would like to check about mocha, codeceptJS and asynchronous functions in JS more.

Good luck and success!

Atlas

1 Like

Thanks for answering guys. I appreciate your help and I’ll take the advice.
I’m not clear one one thing, though. If the recommended plan is first JS -> Solidity -> C++ where does the React Web Development 101 course fit into all of this?

Hi @Andro,

React is a framework that is on top of Javascript. It lets you create robust web applications. Although it is possible to create them using pure Javascript, it becomes very hard to develop. Especially apps that are large in size.

So,
Js -> strong foundation of language, and small apps
Solidity -> Smart contract development
React-> Create robust web apps that have a lot of features.

Quick info - The site Rarible.com , uniswap.org and many others used React to develop them.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes