Hardware wallet recommendations

Hi everyone, I would like to know some info about a secure place/website where I can get a nano ledger, probably I’m just being paranoid but I kinda want avoid Amazon, some seller shows some way too convenient prices than others and I’d prefer not buying some second hand tampered ect…
Anyone with some good knowledge on this matter please let me know what’s the best move
Thanks in advance :blush:

1 Like

I could suggest to buy a hardware wallet directly from the manufacture website, ledger sold them directly through their website.

Carlos Z.

3 Likes

You’d be the safest buying it directly from the manufacturer. Buying from resellers could hurt you in the long run, because they can (before giving you the wallet) write down that wallet’s private keys. And as we all know once someone knows your private keys, your wallet is NOT safe.
Doing my own research I’ve found that the best hardware wallets are either Ledgers or Trezors wallets. Ledger did have a data breach in the past tho (the hackers just got people’s e-mails out of it, no private keys were stolen).
If you ask me I’d go for either a Ledger Nano S or Ledger Nano X hardware wallet. They’re more esthetically pleasing than Trezors to me :grin:
And your paranoia is justifiable because there are many scams out there. Regarding price always remember, If sounds too good to be true, it most likely isn’t.

*Edit: I mixed up Trezor and Legder with the data breach. Ledger was the one that had it.

1 Like

I thought it was Ledger that had the data breach?

1 Like

Always buy direct from the brand for the reason MaxCrypto mentioned above. Your wallet can be compromised and made to look new if you buy from elsewhere.

2 Likes

Yes, I have the same understanding :wink:

1 Like

It was Ledger, my bad :sweat_smile: I get those two mixed up sometimes.

1 Like

Thanks for your replies guys, much appreciated!

1 Like