Hyperledger Implementation - Discussion

Hi everyone so the hyperledger composer part of my study is now missing, do I miss this and move on, but my question to all is what can we use as an alternative ? is there one? I know we are not full on developers using complicated programs but I do need to know alternatives,
is it only run on linux.
I am enjoying the course and I am doing sometimes 3 different ones at the same time especially as I do have some experience in certain courses, there is always something more to learn, if you could please help with the above questions @filip @ivan

2 Likes

Hi there, the composer platform link doesnā€™t work you get the " error " coming up. Would be nice if some one informs you that this section is not possible to complete now!!!

Hello sir, sadly the playground has been deprecated long time ago, we are already working in a new solution for that issue, but for now you could probably watch some videos on youtube to have a better understanding on how that playground worked.

Here you can read more about that subject: Hyperledger Composer .

Hope you find this useful! :slight_smile:

If you have any doubt, please let us know so we can help you!

Carlos Z.

2 Likes

Thanks Carlos, yes I was researching Youtube, I have better understanding now about Hyperledger Composer.

1 Like

got a composer replacement yet?

We are on it, we have some possible new lessons that can replace the Composer lessons, but we are researching them.

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

Im trying to go to the website and download but I got this message very time:
404 Not Found: Requested route (ā€˜composer-playground.mybluemix.netā€™) does not exist.
Why?

1 Like

Hello sir, sadly the playground has been deprecated long time ago, we are already working in a new solution for that issue, but for now you could probably watch some videos on youtube to have a better understanding on how that playground worked.

Here you can read more about that subject: Hyperledger Composer .

Hope you find this useful! :slight_smile:

If you have any doubt, please let us know so we can help you!

Carlos Z.

Thankyou so much. :grinning: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

ok so the composer isnt working been reading the comments. Ill just start another course. could someone inform me when its fixed Id like to finish that course.

1 Like

Hello @Adam1, hope you are OK.

I advice to finish this course, composer is just a lesson, still the course have a lot of material to learn, composer is just one of them. But since the Hyperledger Fabric remove it, we are looking into other options.

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

I really wasnā€™t expecting that ā€¦ ok, the thing is down, but does this means that you have to pay to use it? or that the Hyperledger fabric now has some new tools to develop? What does this means? And can I complete the course by skipping this lesson?

1 Like

Hello @javier_ortiz_mir, hope you are great.

No need to pay to use it, you will just need to deploy your own local hyperledger Fabric node to play around with it.

They update the Fabric long ago, new Fabric version does not work anymore with composer playground, so basically they have some new tools to develop.

Yes, but I do suggest to at least watch the videos, so you can have a fundamental understanding on how the Fabric works.

Carlos Z.

Hi @thecil Im doing just fine, like a machine with this course and DeFi 101!!!

So, then the playground was some kind of software to play around with Hyperledger Fabric, and you havenā€™t updated the course with the new tools. Alright, Itā€™s fine.

Ok, I will watch the videos then.

1 Like

It seems that composer has been taken down for over a year now. A shame that this part of the course hasnā€™t been updatedā€¦ All the rest is great tough but am guessing that this whole section of the course has not much meaning anymore?

1 Like

It would have been great if you guys updated this! Is this rest of this course out of date? what class do we jump back into? I was really looking forward to this section.

1 Like

I think I can follow the coding and I find it not hard to understand.

1 Like

Hyperledger Composer, which is used in this course, has been deprecated and is not available. That means that following this course section is not possible until we find a replacement. Itā€™s our top priority to find one.???

is it useless to continue this course ??

Taking note of the remark Hyperledger Composer is no longer available, as a senior developer I can follow the course by the videoā€™s. So lets continueā€¦
Success finding a replacement, if I find such Iā€™ll keep you informed :wink:
See: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58479407/is-there-any-alternative-to-hyperledger-composer
and
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57423380/what-are-reasons-for-the-deprecation-of-hyperledger-composer

2 Likes

Is not useless, sadly only the Hyperledger Composer goes down (deprecated), still the course can be continued without it, since we only teach you an overview of the Composer. But this course is not only about Hyperledger, that one is part of the tools that you could use as a Blockchain Business Manager.

Carlos Z.

3 Likes