Hyperledger in Business - Discussion

Decentralized / Blockchain:
- Content Originator Verficiation (Content can by signed by the creater and verified by the consumer)
- Follower Metadata (Even if a creator is banned from the system he still has access to the follower information)
- Automatic Monetizing Service

Centralized platform
- User Interface / Web Application (Better Performance)
- Authentication & Authorization (Better user acceptance and performance)
- Content Storage (Cheaper and better perfromance)
- Content Streaming Service (Cheaper and better performance)

1 Like

My opinion would be best to use the pain point mentioned as hybrid blockchain with smart contract solution with scalable characteristics since they would have to handle huge amounts content. Content storage & video comments will be on a pvt. blockchain DB/ledger with creator ID access. Honest data would be the main focus since a customer watching streaming content would get a two-fold or a complete genuine perspective.

The creator of the content , after publishing or broadcasting gets incentivized or is able to receive tokens for either investing into DeFi or into other stable/alt coins as well as will be driving factor to decide how the ROI is evenly distributed . The users/advertisers who involve themselves for the rating, content watch and spread of content also gets incentivized which in turn executes smart contracts between them .

Honest data rating will be decided by consensus by all parties ( creators, advertisers and users). Users with higher viewership and approval also get greater rewards and helps to build greater network security.

1 Like

I think for an entertainment platform similar to Youtube it would be best to have a hybrid approach, as many great ideas have been suggested above. So perhaps video content which is data intensive could be kept to the current centralized system. Most other aspects can be decentralized.

However I think in age that already might be upon us of video editing to a point where it is almost impossible to know if the original video has been edited or not, a fully 100% decentralized platform makes sense. For example security cameras or police cams should probably be uploaded automatically to a private blockchain that can be timestamped and proven not to be tampered with. I am still new to really understanding this blockchain tech in detail but perhaps utilizing big blocked BCs such as BCH or BSV could make this possible.

1 Like

after watching many videos lately in YouTube I notice that the platform has a code that detect some words and delete the channel with no notification at all .
So I will make stakeholders of governance the creators of the channel , the users and also the advertising section also see many scams there. They will check and decide fair use policy and what is allowed. and should be band. Always keeping the free of speech open that is key here,
I will make a private block chain on just this part of the platform and leave the rest as it is as I think freedom of speech is what the you tuber are more afraid of doing because they can loose their channel

1 Like

I think that space is a huge issue here. Maybe content creators should be able to have a guide and possibility to store their own videos in their own centralised server so the owners have fully control over their own content. In their own centralised server which they control, they can also store the metadata as well.

And then you can take the data that doesn’t require a ton of space on the blockchain in a distributed ledger so everyone can verify the authenticity in the system. The way it is today, transactions may need to happeen in a hyperledger if speed and user experience is more important than trustlessnes. Really depends. If identity is important for legal compliance in the jurisdiction, identity should be stored on the hyperledger.

1 Like

Most succesful Youtubers are business people who are monetizing their content, even if that wasn’t their original intention when joining the platform. The problem with a centralized platform like Youtube is that they can remove or reduce exposure to someones content thereby adversely effecting their business. As solution could be to decentralize metadata which would include a link relating to the video content, by placing it on a blockchain. The video content itself could be held on a centralized server which could be hired or owned by the video creator themselfs. This could serve as a better option then a fully centralized platform at this point in time.

1 Like

A lot of great things have been said already but here’s my answer nonetheless.
Put video information/metadata in the blockchain while keeping the overall platform and video database on centralized servers. If a video/comment has been reported a lot the video/comment should show a warning and be hidden automatically and be unhidden when the message is dismissed. Perhaps things like shadow-banning/removing videos can be done through nodes/proof of authority where appointed and incentivized government agencies/NGOs can ban videos when they reach consensus, rather than Youtube having all of the power itself.
Furthermore it would be interesting to have monetization in a $BAT/Brave kind of structure.

1 Like

The valuable thing about youtube is your followers and your advertising revenue, so these things should be on a blochain. So that it is possible to have a ledger for the number of likes and followers, statistics, how many people have seen your videos etc. The video stuff as today linked in some way to the blockchain. And an important thing can be to have a voting solution to get consensus on what can be uploaded which is then saved in the blockchain

1 Like

The actual content would be centralised, just liked initial censoring to avoid illegal content upload.
From a decentralisation point of view I’d be looking a transparent financial system, including how to get likes/dislikes, advertising and content creator income.
Centralised: Content
Decentralised: Financials / Incentivisation; likes/comments/advertisements

1 Like

if I would be youtube or google, I would already have my own cryptocurrency…so I would pay the people who are watching adds a small amount and would give the content creators the possibility to monetize there content with different choices, like I could upload a tutorial but I do not want to have a add running I could have to make the intro for free and let´s say give the user the choice if they want to watch the add to see the rest of my content or pay right to the content creator instead, I would also have a button to tip content creators…like the xrp tipbot where you can send xrp to the twitter user who created a tweet you liked when writing a comment and add a special line xrp, it works also on reddit and twitch…and I am too influenced by bittube.tv what is youtube with cryptocurrency to pay the content creator this is also a great solution…and of course the brave browser already does for content creator…

2 Likes

From my point of view, the way YouTube manages followers and video content is a huge responsibility as far as users privacy and data volume is concerned. However from a business perceptive video creators are at the mercy of the organisation and can get banned and disconnected from their followers easily.

In the concept of Hyperledger, my solution would be to leave sensitive data centralised
by Youtube because of efficiency and capacity. However, they could have extra domains and tools which they can sell to content creators giving them rights to access and manage their followers & content in a certain capacity.

1 Like

A simplified version of my blockchain business would be to connect early and new freelancers with lean entrepreneurs with job/ intern opportunities think Fiverr but with the matching capabilities of Tinder

• Use token to organize payment between freelancers and brands+ business
  • Use smart contracts to organize employment lengths and minimize risk for lean entrepreneurs
  • freelancers and lean entrepreneurs negotiate terms of the agreement.
  • Centralize storage of most videos but leave the option to store some videos on the blockchain to be used as proof to ensure quality control and prevent obscene material + services being offered.
2 Likes

Videostreaming platform on the blockchain.

Dezentrialized - in a blockchain
Video-uploading. And with use of AI we could insure what type of content that is uploaded.¨
(the storing could be centrialized) but only possible to delete with the correct hash from the blockchain?
Personal info
Wallet information - but possible to backup
Payments paid out daily and in any currency they would like

Centrialized
Costumer service with “help me button” that would allow the centrialized enitiy to look at your data to help.You choose what info they get access to
Storage servers for all heavy videofiles, linked to the blockchain.

1 Like

The videos should remain in a centralized database, because in this way there won’t be a problem of space and also for securing the network. We can control that the terms and conditions are respected and there will not be posted videos with abuse, for example.

The payment should be decentralized, the platform should develop a token to pay the content creators.

1. Content Creator can host material. All Content has a smart contract in the Metadata.
    2.Anytime the content is watched it triggers the contract timestamping watch time.
  2. The contract can have the fee structure inside, could be free content or premium.
  3. Nodes will record on-chain the Tx details of the contract, basically the timestamp.
  4. Tokens are issued to Nodes and Content creators according to fee structure in content. Sold on open market. The tokens have base value because a service was rendered(the streaming of content). Users can support their favorite people with direct payments only with the token.

My half-bake idea for a hybrid blockchain-based video sharing application (UVID) would work as follows:

1. A new ERC-20 token called UVID is created.
  2. A centralized storage system is created whereby the storage system owner is paid in UVID.
  3. An app is created which allows a content creator to post their content onto the centralized server. Content creators would have to pay a tiny amount of UVID to post their content. Those transactions get posted on the Ethereum blockchain and the storage system owner would collect that fee.
  4. When videos are viewed a transaction gets created and is posted on the blockchain.
  5. An app is created which allows advertisers to scan the blockchain for popular UVID channels based on viewership transactions.
  6. Advertisers pay UVID to get their ads to run on their selected UVID channels.
  7. Whenever an ad runs on a UVID channel, that transaction gets posted on the blockchain and the UVID channel owner collects some UVID from the advertiser.
1 Like

This is a fun topic and inspired quite a doodle…

Lots to consider here, as any entrepreneur will attest to is… “what fits in our budget?” I love how opensource allows one to overcome budget restrictions with creativity, and one major hurdle with this project is storage. Storage (of content) could still be decentralized utilizing peer to peer, this would cut storage costs, insentience peers/nodes, and provide network decongestion and access by location.

On Chain metadata could consist of video info, fingerprint, ranking, number of views likes, subscribers, content locations URL(s). Small precise data to keep integrity of videos, how long to keep them in the forefront, when and where videos may be archived, token data, advertisers, incentivization.

Way to easy for this topic to get away from you as one idea is “chained” to the next…

1 Like
  • The raw video can be store centrally, but all the data around it can be store on the blockchain.
    (likes, comments, text, chat, communities, ect.)

• Viewers can reward content creators using SuperChat, paypal, crypto, tokens.

• If a video or a content creator get a lot of dislikes or remove content button, or fake news clicks the protocol automatically remove the content.

• the ads can focus to pay for attention of the viewer, and the creator gets pay per click and per bought stuff on the ad.

• Everyone have to be verified by ID, so if the content creator upload illegal stuff the community can rapport it to the authority. = very low risk to put out some illegal stuffs on the platform.

1 Like

I would use Blockchain to store user information and permission. Video content is a lot of memory so that will be centralized.

just about everything except the actuall videos could go on the BC.

• you want it fast and not file storage heavy
  • resolve all the subscriber access control and report usage data
  • any payment processing could be instigated form the BC as well and interface through payment gateway APIs
1 Like