Introduction to Technical Analysis Discussion

Hi @javier_ortiz_mir, hope you are ok man.

Now in the course, Volume does refer to the volume going through a particular exchange.
To get the total volume of all exchanges together you might need tools like coinmarketcap or coingecko that calculate the summary volume of all known exchanges.

Their included in the volume of total transactions in a range of time, those stats can be calculate on-chain (monitoring the blockchain). Glassnode is an amazing tool for on-chain stats like those.

DEX’s live on a blockchain, so all data from them can be calculated on-chain.
bloxy.info is a nice tool to get on-chain data for Ethereum (and DEX on it).

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

1 Like

@thecil thanks man! Im ok, already recovered from my accident.

isnt there any competitors of Glassnode? I always hear from them, but I haven’t heard of any other competitor that does the exact (or similar) things like they do.

Do you mean that Bloxy.info a similar service like Glassnode, but with Ethereum blockchain? Do they have the same indicators? I mean, I know they cannot be exactly the same … but like the entities in profit and the others that Ivan always review in his youtube channel? I guess it must be difficult to identify an entity with Ethereum wallets.

And another question… has Glassnode ever made a gross mistake? I guess that their reputations matters the most, so any incident like that would give an opportunity for another competitor to gain more relevance in the market.

1 Like

I haven’t met a glassnode competitor, bloxy could be the closest one, but it is for Ethereum only, so glassnode wins (cuz it have btc and eth data). But for me is not which is the better, both tools are great and can give you different point of views when analyzing data.

It is very easy to identify entities on Ethereum (i mean, entities like uniswap for example) they have a contract address, which will manage all funds based on the programed rules on the smart contract, so for services like glassnode or bloxy is quite easy to get the data, the hard part is to represent that data into something that make sense.

I do not know about any gross mistake event that glassnode has committed, they just represent on-chain data, so if the do a gross mistake could be a bad representation of a data.

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

1 Like

wow!! so Glassnode currently is a monopoly!! I will find out who are the developers or the creators of that platform.

I think it is a little expensive for me, but they can charge whatever they like!!!

Thanks man!

1 Like

Hi everyone,
volume of 1.5k if we look at a daily BTC chart, does it means that 1.5k BTC was traded this day?

1 Like

Hi @Lane11, hope you are great.

You might wanna read this reply to another student which have a similar question about the volume on the charts.

Carlos Z.

1 Like

@filip
Good evening Filip, could you please be so kind and share what chart application you are using and perhaps, include a link to the same. That would be very much appreciated.

PS! It is a very useful and interesting coarse and make total sense in the crypto business.

Thanks and Kind Regards, :nerd_face:

Nils

1 Like

Hi @NLUGNER, hope you are great.

This is the link for the tool that filip use on this course:

https://www.tradingview.com/

Carlos Z.

1 Like

@thecil,

thank you :+1:

1 Like

@filip Are buying and selling orders affecting the high and lows or only orders which closed succesfully?

EDIT:
Now 24 h later I feel a bit stupid when I have reviewed my question:):slight_smile: So, no need to answer.
Thx

Sorry if this question has already been asked. What software is he using to look at the market?

2 Likes

Hi @TheForth, hope you are great.

This is the link for the tool that filip use on this course:

https://www.tradingview.com/

Carlos Z.

1 Like

HI all! Just a question or better i am curious about your MVA settings.
Do you use 50, and 200 or 20 and 200 or different mixed settings. ?
Cheers Christian

1 Like

Hey @mchoeti, hope you are great.

Did you mean Moving Average (MA)? that case i do use MA at 20, 50 and 200 day on my charts :nerd_face:

Carlos Z

1 Like

Yes you are right, my bad. Sometimes there is tooo much noise around :slight_smile: But thanks for your Input.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this constructive course!
Learned a lot!

1 Like

Hi, I can see that now there are two courses:

Algorithmic Trading & Technical Analysis

Technical Analysis 101

How does it correspond to each other? Should I do both courses or are there some parts which are the same in both courses? Thanks.

1 Like

Hey @Tomahawk, hope you are ok.

The Technical Analysis 101 course is mainly the fundamentals for trading and TA.

While the Algorithmic Trading & Technical Analysis teach some of the basics (assumed that you already know some of it) but it focus on programming a trading bot, so is kinda more advance course since you need to know at least javascript.

Carlos Z

Hello Filip,

I have a problem. https://academy.ivanontech.com/products/algorithmic-trading-technical-analysis/categories/1700688/posts/5708339
Chart Introduction lesson, the video. stops at 1:06 and can’t be played since this timeframe not even after reloading page or reopening the browser, am I the only one with this problem?

1 Like

Hey @mulaterikos, hope you are ok.

The video works perfect for me, i was able to watch it above the 1:06 minute, maybe you want to try to play it on another browser? (could be the browser that you use frequently that have the a bug with the video)

Carlos Z