Open Source Introduction

Welcome to the discussion about this lecture. Here you can ask questions or post feedback about this specific lecture.

1 Like

Do you think an open-source Blockchain startup can be financially successful in this market and current climate? (Jan. 2019)

Yes i very much enjoyed the section on Open Source and its trending pattern. I think it will only get stronger and bigger as decentralisation increases combined with the progression of “surveillance state” like approach of most governments.

1 Like

Hello ProfessorHODL,
I’ve just completed this section on open source, and I found it fascinating.
Slightly spooky that Microsoft was trying to buy github at point of publishing.

1 Like

Hello Ivan, this is a very interesting lecture about open source, and the growing surveillance culture - especially in these really unusual times with track and trace systems being introduced - wow what a great excuse to close down borders, restrict travel, inoculate and track and trace! - especially when you think about social credit scoring. I’m not sure about Microsoft buying github - is that what we want? Very interesting what you say about closed source operating systems and software in phones, laptops, etc. I have often wondered about this. I’m not even on Facebook! LOL

2 Likes

Hello CSquared,
I agree that this is a very interesting lecture for all sorts of reasons, especially in these extraordinary times. Stay safe!

2 Likes

ey @ProfessorHODL and @doodesville , at this point in time , late 2020 , MS already purchased github. Apple also seems to be going more and more on open source publishing most part of their code in internet. So it seems this is the way , embrace opensource or die.

1 Like