Portfolio App Best way to build it?

Hi Everyone,

Is there an app or website that tracks altcoins that have been traded?

Meaning if someone has used Uniswap to trade altcoins how would they be able to see what their gains or losses are. Sort of like CoinGeckos Portfolio but based on your wallet’s address.

I want to build an app that you can put your Metamask wallet address into it and have it show you when you bought the coins, how much you paid, and what the current value of the coins are.

Thank you,
BigStrongDude

I have a simplified version of this. I have a python script that uses the coingecko api. my first few variables are the coins I own with the number of coins and the amount I paid. With the coingecko api I pull the current price and from there get my current value and also determine my percentages of profit per coins and per total. you could probably use other api’s to pull the amount of coins you have from etherscan for example or just do a web get and some grep/sed/awk magic to get your current amounts. I will eventually add this to my script.
I also dump to file the values or my coins and some coins I watch so that I have their historical value.

Hi Badtoken,

thanks for the input that is enough to get me started, I’m taking the C++ course and was learning about variable this morning, I’ll get started with python and put something together the way you suggest. appreciate it very much.

BSD

1 Like