Security on phone apps and also computer

Hi Guys , I’m a bit concerned with the security on my phone and computer , with crypto in general and SwissBorg , crypto.com apps , is there some security I can add to make my phone mainly and computer secure from problems … Thanks in advance

3 Likes

Hey @kareniandean !

There’s a few things you can do:

• Download a VPN such as ProtonVPN when going on the internet (mobile and desktop), alternatively you can use ‘secure browsers’ for free e.g Brave

• Two-factor Authentication (mobile and desktop)

• Store your crypto in a hard wallet (cold storage)

I wrote an article about how to keep your bitcoin safe on my website beginnerscryptoguide.com/how-to-keep-your-bitcoin-safe - there’s a few more tips on there :slight_smile:

I hope this helps - let me know if there’s anything else you may need help with. I’m no expert, but I’ve been in learning crypto/blockchain daily for almost a year now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you so much for answer , I will try brave and vpn , I’ve just been getting unknown text messages which I haven’t opened since downloading Swiss and crypto.com
Many thanks Karen

2 Likes

Thank you Ella (@itsellageee) for helping out. Those tips are very great.

@kareniandean Everything Ella said is a great advice. I personally encourage you to get a hardware wallet as soon as possible. It puts you in the control over your funds as well. Just be careful and try not to lose a recovery phrase once you generate one. If you are confused on how to use a hardware wallet such as ledger nano s, feel free to message me back. :smiley:

3 Likes

Cheers @Mauro - 'appreciate that :+1: :tipping_hand_woman: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Actually @Mauro - have you any idea why @kareniandean is receiving unknown messages since downloading swiss?

I downloaded this myself the other day - I haven’t had any issues/weird texts/ or anything? :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I hope its not a fake application :crossed_fingers:. It could be unrelated. Hard to say.

1 Like

Thanks guys , I have a ledger I shall transfer to that , I just wasn’t sure how to transfer erc20 tokens and have been lazy to find out but will do so now , can I transfer SwissBorg on to to nano as well :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks again
Karen

2 Likes

The SwissBorg app seems fine I deleted the crypto.com as I didn’t buy anything :slightly_smiling_face: thanks for help

1 Like

In order to transfer an erc20 token to you ledger nano s, you need to send it to your ETH address that the device generated. Every ETH address can hold erc220 tokens. When you want to send the tokens out of the device, you will have to enable a setting in the ETH application called “contract data”. (This is done on the hardware device itself.)

Yes, SwissBorg ecosystem uses an erc20 token CHSB. Hope this helps. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for great advice, will do this today, much appreciated

1 Like

No problem Karen. I am glad I could help you understand better. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello
all the tips above are great.
In addition I can add a recommendation for secure anti virus software,Kaspersky Internet Security- not sponsored.
Complex solution includes options for VPN, etc.
Works for mobile phone and computer.
Use licensed software on all devices.
Hardware wallet -necessarily, without compromise .
Very Very important -keep your phrase on few different locations ,carefully stored against water and fire .