Segwit Coin Failure?

Hi, I have heard some people say that Bitcoin is not Bitcoin anymore. They call it Segwit coin and they argue that is going to fail so the price of BTC will go to 0.
What are the arguments/counterarguments for that?

1 Like

I am not sure what you mean. Is there an article about this? Bitcoin in my eyes is on its way to become the global store of value. At this time, bitcoin isn’t very scalable for the day to day global transactions. But neither were cars or the internet when they were invented. Bitcoins scalability issues is not a one time solution. We improve it gradually. I do recommend you read the book “The internet of money” by andreas m. antonopoulos. It has great examples of how things scale, how money has changed and how people react when they are confronted with new technologies. Its a great read. If you have any more questions feel free to DM me back. :smiley:

1 Like

@3duardo in my opinion people who say Bitcoin is not Bitcoin tend to be Bitcoin cash or Bitcoin SV maximalist who are trying to miss guide you to support their shit coin. SegWit or Segrgated Witness is the process by which the block size limit on a blockchain is increased by removing signature data from Bitcoin transactions. The purpose was to prevent non-intentional bitcoin transaction malleability, allow optional data transmission, and to bypass certain protocol restrictions such as the block size limit with a soft fork. Segwit is activated on the Bitcoin blockchain and there are not two chains. you could have a Bitcoin legacy address or a SegWit address on the network.