Smart contracts in Python (and C# and Java)

Lurking the “Favorite language?” thread, I saw a lot of people liking Python. It’s indeed also my script language of choice.

For forks who are into Python AND blockchain, my friend Tom a.k.a. local human develops the Python SDK for Neo, and here the compiler and parts of the wallet are to be done. If you want to get into the nitty gritty, the best way to learn is to really follow his actions and support us over at the CityOfZion Slack. Here the interesting 101 for the compilation usage as is

I’ll also be posting introductory videos on the smart contract front for those repositories

here

For people starting and wanting to learn it, I always recommend the MIT youtube lecture “Lec 2 | MIT 6.00 Introduction to Computer Science and Programming, Fall 2008” and the online book “Learn Python the hard way” is supposed to be good.

Take care
Nikolaj

8 Likes

This is a really cool post. Thanks for sharing this information! :slight_smile:

Any updates on those smart contract videos?

1 Like

I posted a lengthy video just yesterday, outlining my evil plans.

You know what, I think you will be able to get many developers on board by introducing python as the smart contract language. I have spoken to a handle of devs and they all say that they haven’t experimented with smart contracts due to the learning curve with solidity etc.