Ubuntu Linux Video issue

I have installed Linux Ubuntu and Linux Peppermint on Oracle Virtual Box and Ubuntu seems to have a problem replaying or even seeing your embedded videos. Just wondered if anyone had a suggestion as to what the problem might be. Peppermint works fine and Ubuntu works ok on youTube but not IvanOnTech. I tried downloading a flash player for it but that didn’t work.

1 Like

Since you are virtualizing maybe you need some codecs for linux to work with the video player format that the Academy use. Try to research on linux video codecs :face_with_monocle:

Carlos Z

1 Like

Tried looking for codecs for a couple of hours with no success. Finally decided to get rid of Firefox and installed Chrome for Ubuntu instead and it seems to work fine. Kind of irritating.

Just wondering about the possible drawbacks of VirtualBox Ubuntu vs a dedicated reboot to a full desktop Ubuntu. VirtualBox is very handy that way. Do you think I might have problems with EOS Programming 101 course (local node) with insufficient system resources, ram etc or other issues that you’re aware of?

Thanks for your help on this!

Tks
Don

1 Like

This are my specs for my VM to run EOS Studio in ubuntu 18.04, for me is just more then enough to run properly EOS Studio.

Carlos Z

1 Like