Vitalik at Techcrunch yesterday

Always appreciate hearing from Vitalik on the progress of the project. Some thoughts:

• I had heard of the “difficulty time bomb” in Ethereum but learned what it is more specifically
  • Metropolis and Ethereum’s next major release are focused on security and scaling the network to handle millions of transactions per second - it’s going to get fast
  • Ethereum has such massive potential, I think it’s still way undersold for the long term and is a great investment for the next 3-5 years at least (my opinion, not an advisor, of course) - not just for monetary return but because you’re supporting a project that will change the world in a lot of good ways

What’d you think about his interview?

PS - I’m a big Naval Ravikant fan, too, the guy who interviewed Vitalik, you should check out his Techcrunch interview from a few months ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F_3voFWSFI&t=422s

9 Likes

Great video, love what Vitalik is doing. I wonder if the ETH market cap will surpass BTC in a few years?

1 Like

I for one think it will. It is much more broadly useful than bitcoin, which is a currency only. I’m heavily invested in the effort and will continue to support it and use it too, I hope, to build something great.

1 Like

I am always amazed when i listen to Vitalik speaking. Ever since I’ve learned about Ethereum, I thought the idea was more than brilliant and could mean a new internet revolution. Something kind of what bitcoin did in the economic niche, but Ethereum aiming to create a more global strategy, going beyond just the p2p transactions and being the base layer of more projects.
I don’t have doubts that with the rights moves done in the scalability issue, this technology is the next big thing.
And, people, c’mon, that tee is rad.:rofl:

3 Likes

i watched a lengthy interview of him around the general topic of ethereum, his level of intelligence is inspiring.

3 Likes

I think aiming for at least 10 ETH is a good plan. Vitalik has said that 10 will be the minimum for earning on the upcomming proof of stake system.

2 Likes