Who's mining at the moment?

Hi guys. I’m wondering who is mining at the moment? I have a small ASIC mining farm ( due to my lack of knowledge in building my own rigs ). I run 5 Antminer Z11’s, 2 Z15 and 2 StrongU STU-U6 miners on Equihash and X11 algorythms.

For the people who don’t know, mining is not a get rich scheme. It takes lots of time, effort ( those machines are dirty piggies that love to gobble up dust and debris and they need love and cleaning every month ). Aside from that I don’t sell anything at the moment. I hodl my coins and convert 25% of mined income into DEFI projects. I did very well with Kyber, Synthetix and Chainlink.

Just wondering who else is mining and what you mine at the moment?

I don’t really, but interested in trying out, any advice on where to start and what would be a good way to start in 2020? Do you think is a good idea ?

First check out 2 youtube channels that helped me a lot. 1. Cursed Mining and second one is Voskcoin ( watch out, because many scammers are impersonating this guy! Look for the real Voskcoin channel )

Mining is a labour intensive, long term game. If you don’t like hardware and building something with your hands, I won’t advise it at all. Today I spent the whole day building a sound insulating ducting system for just 3 miners and I would gladly do it tomorrow if need be.

Depending on your location, you have to keep in mind the costs of power and your own preparedness for mining at your own costs for at least 2 tot 3 years!!! Because the BEST moment to start mining, is when it’s unprofitable! You have less competition and you mine more coins. It learns you to be very patient and hodl for years if needed.

Also there are many scams when it comes to basic miner sellers. You have to be very careful and do your due diligence.

Also NEVER EVER buy mining gear with credit!!! Just don’t! It’s too damn risky. Be patient, save up some cash ( or start a side hustle to earn more ) and use THAT money for mining gear. When you get your miner, FORGET ALL ABOUT ROI ( the period when your machines pay themselves off ). It’s a myth! You might reach it, ,but you also might not. You have to think in cashflow! Monthly income is important. ROI is not. These numbers will never be accurate anyway. So when you bought your miner, forget that you put X amount of money in your purchase and just focus on your cashflow that it generates.

Also don’t be greedy and don’t go spending mined crypto left and right. BE PATIENT!!! It will pay off in the long run when a new bull market comes. You WILL need to upgrade and replace your machines and you will need capital to do so. So don’t go living from your mining farm just yet. Wait until you have some capital aside and 3 layers of emergency cash to help you during the brutal bear markets. SO mining is best combined with a day job or a side gig when you are starting out.

So you see mining is kinda tricky. You have to believe in crypto 100% and you have to force yourself to be very patient, to learn all the time and to go for the kill, while all the other miners are switching off their machines due to low profitability. It’s a numbers game and in the end it’s very fun and rewarding. It’s only my second year of mining and I love it.

I’m interested to know more about this once quantum computers are affordable, in the meantime I’m mining pi for fun on my phone, in case you never heard of it, you can try it out, I am sending you 1π! Pi is a new digital currency developed by Stanford PhDs, with over 3.5 million members worldwide. To claim your Pi, follow this link https://minepi.com/Beastinhash and use my username (Beastinhash) as your invitation code. Good luck mining :pick: cryptos

Hi there! I mine ETH on GPUs. But I plan to look for new, more promising coins.