Why do we do software testing?

Welcome to the discussion about this lecture. Here you can ask questions or post feedback about this specific lecture.

2 Likes

@ivan, I am unable to play the business master class videos. I’ve purchased my subscription as a Christmas discount. Could you please check if my subscription record is valid?

P.S. I assume something might get wrong with my internet connection. However, other web sites work well. I can watch youtube channel just fine.

Looks like testing is where the action are to realize things are breaking or making it happen. Great lecture! thanks. :smiley:

1 Like

Hello Ivan - this is so interesting that 1) we first write the specification of what we want our different software components to do, by writing tests, by writing testing apps, which will give your components inputs and then expect certain outputs -2) then, after you do this, you build your actual components - which means that you when you build inputs, your components do their calculations, then they return the correct outputs, then 3) when we update, when we do any code changes to any of the components in our application, when we update, we run all tests, so that we are sure that we are not breaking things. I just find it really interesting that you design the components and build the tests first.

2 Likes

Hello Harry,
How are you getting on with the materials now? What are your aspirations for using the learning? Are you interested in building crypto?
D

2 Likes

Hello dodikk,
Did you get your glitches sorted out?
D

1 Like

Hi, thanks for asking, right now I’m more like an investor in crypto space and continue to learn how to build something on this space in the future and make use of the materials from the courses. Slowly learning JavaScript at the moment. Have a good one! :smiley:

1 Like

That’s a great lecture

Hey there! Thanks for starting this conversation. Software testing is an important thing for the software to develop as it helps ensure that the software is functioning as intended and meets the required specifications. I’m currently using zaptest.com to test new sites and services. I’m a newbie to this sphere, and everything is easy there. What about you guys? What additional apps do you use? Let’s share our experience and tips