Windows Powershell - node test.js

Hi @thecil

I am having problems with the windows powershell. I cannot get the console.log to show up on it. I just get an error. Can you help me to trouble shoot this?

also, the console.log looks different. It is usually orange and blue, but as you see, it is red and blue. Don’t know if the is an indication that something is off?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Julie66, hope you are well.

First, you are using the Desktop folder to run your program, problem is that is located in the OneDrive rules that some times couses errors. I could suggest to move your course content folder to another folder which is not in the range of OneDrive backed up folders.

Also you just need to use the command node fileName.js npm is the package manager, so there is no need to use it in order to run a JS file, instead you use the node command to run a JS file locally.

So basically you can try with node test.js and see how it goes.

Also i could advice to try to use the windows console (CMD), some times powershell goes buggy and trying the same commands in CMD works.

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

2 Likes

hello @thecil,

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly. Actually, I kept tinkering and I got it to work.

I did consider relocating the file out of the onedrive location, but I did notice that Ivan’s tutorial used google drive, so I thought it would be ok.

Thanks again!

Julie

2 Likes

Hi just a note here reminds me of my DOS days when computers only had a black or blue operating screen, so any work was done this way amazing how far we have come and thinking this is only the beginning. I was working from books to understand the Disk operating system, now you just google the information, Thanks,