Course typos and mistakes

In the reading assignment about data structures, part 2, “question 3” is:

(Feel free to skip the sub-chapter of Math object and Destructing)

Besides that this isn’t a question, the sub-chapter is called

DestructURing

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

And as Math is a subchapter, and Destructuring a second one, I think

(Feel free to skip the sub-chapterS of Math object and Destructing)

is more comprehensible.

The Computer science lecture from MIT is not available to be viewed in Canada apparently.

I found a typo: ABSTRACTION and Returnning Values from Functions . (Title under JavaScript programming https://ivanontech.teachable.com/courses/287053/lectures/4983410#/finished). RETURNNING should be with one “N”

In the “HTML and Web” section in the “Assignment hint - lists”

The first sentence: “If you’ve spend hours trying to figure out links in HTML…”

It should read: “If you’ve spent hours trying to figure out lists in HTML…”

Loving the course so far my man!

Hey @ivan,

Having terminated the “Javascript Next Level”, “Javascript in Terminal - NodeJS” and “Javascript and HTML Wrap Up” chapters, I’m definitively convinced that the “Optional: Javascript CS50 Lecture”, which is now placed at the end of the “Javascript Programming” Chapter, should be moved to the beginning of the “Javascript and HTML Wrap Up” Chapter.

I viewed it - at the end of the “Javasript Programming” Chapter - and it was confusing. I’ve looked at it again - at the end of “Javascript and HTML Wrap Up” and it is really clarifying and gives a good overview of what we learned about HTML and Javascript.

Add the word “fill” in the chapter “Understanding Web Technology - Hardvard Lecture”.

Also mentioned by:

This proves that one should use Search before posting a comment. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

In the Optional: Intro to Computer Science video at the start of the C++ section, computation is spelled cimputation. Absolutely loving the course so far, Ivan!

Hello, I hope that these are not completely outdated by now, though I tried to save some up before posting… Thanks for the course and all your effort!

Chapter 4’s questions are repeated twice…

![Versions|690x388]
(upload://1AatNiYFMeLC3jsQw2gML2aSvVo.png)

Thanks Again :slight_smile:

In “Reading Assignment - HTML”, the correct grammar for the following is shown and corrected below.
Thanks! Onward & Upward!

Keep in mind that the goal is not to understand everything to 100%. If you’re completely new to programming this might be the first time you’ve ever seen code. But try to understand as much as possible.

Hello Sir,

I found a typo in the html section.

Hardvard instead of Harvard

Quiz question 5 of 7 in "Reading Assignment Chapter 1 (page 10-20) - Variables"

Incorrect: What kind of specials numbers do you know in Javascript?
Correct: What kind of special numbers do you know in Javascript?

Change “specials” to “special” by removing the “s”.

:slightly_smiling_face:

Spelling mistake in Returnning in the title 6 lectures before Javascript next level

In C++, Optional, introduction to computing, MIT’s lecture, there is a typo:
said : cimputation
should said: computation

In the c++ (little game project) you define what the game must do. One of the rules is “count the nr of guesses”.
You did not create that rule into your solution program.

In the lecture Chapter 4 Exercises the entire content is repeated twice.

Hey Divado - I am struggling with this 1 one question; the first

if(false) {
alert(“true”);
} - solid, got that completed

but when I move forward with

else if (5<3){ alert(“hello”) } else{ alert(“hi and hello!” ) } - will not process,

I tried writing out - would work, any suggestions ?

Hey @Joel.OC,

The code

if (false) {
    alert("true");
  } 
  else if (5<3) {
    alert("hello");
  } else {
    alert("hi and hello!");
  }

is working fine for me.

I copied your code in my editor and had to change the quotes (from curly quotes to straight quotes), but otherwise it alerts “hi and hello”.

Hope it works for you too!

In the part C++, under Optional: Introduction to Computer Science - MIT Lecture the following text appears:

This is a wonderful lecture talking about computer science and cimputation. Although this lecture if optional I highly encourage you to watch it to get an overview of the field before we get our hands dirty

The cimputation should be computation.

BTW: this video really made me think again of my first programming courses :wink:
My first programming language was Pascal.

Hi I am finding the jquery part of the course very confusing and mixed up. I think the modules are out of sequence.

When I click on Complete and continue ->, it does not work. If I inspect the site, I see the following error message: