DeFi digital finance stack - Discussion

Will begin using Kyber Network much more. Decentralized exchanges will be the future.
Great course. Very informative.

4 Likes

Yes Kyber is good.
I would recomed also looking into:
https://1inch.exchange/#/
https://beta.curve.fi/

2 Likes

What’s the difference between compound.curve.fi, y.curve.fi and beta.curve.fi? I see all 3 are working… wish I could run them on testnet…

Thanks @amadeobrands will take that in consideration :slight_smile:

1 Like

Two things I’ve been trying to find.

Ways to earn interest in DAI but hold ETH as the collateral for savings.

The other being ways to pay for purchases in Canada with crypto. Many products I see only support the US.

4 Likes

Perhaps Dapp/Defi hierarchy metaphor is similar to one in modern computer?

5 Likes

Hey @amadeobrands!
After those testnet runs I was doing I tried to go on mainnet. There were no issues like we discussed on the other topic, like “blocked” Dai on oasis or compound rates not updating.

Regarding Maker, I decided to get some MKR using Uniswap.

It is cool to be experimenting on all those protocols but you were right, the gas fees are huge at the moment.
Next step will be engaging in the Governance by creating a voting contract. I want to know more about what happens when we place a vote and where will the MKR go.

Would also appreciate if you can suggest a good article on what exactly happens when the vaults are eliminated due to under collateralization? I am interested to know all the technical process.
Thanks a lot!

My current favorite DeFi

5 Likes

So plague->money printer go brrrr-> hyperinflation time. The value of the dollar goes “poof” what happens in DeFi?

Do I want to hodl ETH or DAI?

I’m thinking DAI. Because it will liquidate to the underlying ETH, but earn interest in USD while I wait.

4 Likes

Nice man it is very similar indeed :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is a complex topic I will see if I can make a new course for this also how to setup your own Keeper bots etc

3 Likes

Correct.
Let’s see what happens next :wink:

Hey @amadeobrands yes that would be amazing! thanks.
btw I was testing dydx with 5x leverage and I found out 2 things:

• there is actually a negative interest rate APR associated with the long position. Is it because we are borrowing ETH for the leveraged position? It is consuming DAI.
  • the leverage 5x went down to 3,3x and now at 3x without me changing anything. Is it the platform protecting itself since the ETH price is going up?

There’s a PNL that says is the percentage it can gain/lose but my position says PNL 99% but the amount I put for the position went up like 50% only:
Screenshot 2020-04-07 at 11.51.02

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@amadeobrands I have really enjoyed your content, although I found it a bit difficult to grasp, but is quite understandable as the matter of the technology is not yet globally established and at first is quite hard to understand as it is innovative. Thank you for the great content and spending time teaching us. I truly found the insurances very interesting and think will dive deeper into nexus mutual.

5 Likes

Hello Amadeo
This is one of the videos where, I have to look twice at some of the links, lol, maybe more.
Taking a lot of notes though :writing_hand: :smile:

7 Likes

My last post got flagged as “off toppic” :man_shrugging:t5:

Are we not discussing new blockchains?

Am I mistaken concerning defichain.io ?

Is it old?

Please advise?

2 Likes

Thanks for your dedication amadeo, I learned so much!
My eyes are wide open on NXM & 1inch, need to dig more.

4 Likes

Hello again,

I was going thru your list DiFi 101 (thanks for this!) and could not find youhodler. Can you share your thoughts on this one. Buenas noches!

Nicolas-

1 Like

Interesting indeed.
Not sure why you got flagged maybe that happened by mistake.

Amadeo / Ivan
I am a Principle Product Designer. I’m currently working on a global initiative, to be pitched to my leadership team in a few weeks. The initiative seeks to support SMBs post Covid-19’s lockdown. That’s all I can share at this time. I’m reaching out because I’d like to propose a solution that includes a MakerDAO integration into our platform. Please do not dismiss this message. Last quarter we reached 750,000 paying subs in just one of our Geo’s, $1B in profit. The challenge is, these are legacy players. The opportunity is, MakerDAO offers a solution now. Will you reach out for a private discussion? My current time zone GMT+1. Thank you.

1 Like

Awesome man please send me a DM or Email me at:
[email protected]