Ethereum Advanced

addiction** *** ****

Hello @thecil

I have finished ETH smart contract programming 101 course. I want to get a part-time job while I continue with the next course. Can you suggest me ideas about how I can find a job?

Thank you Carlos.

Have you tried honeyswap.org/#/swap, its so cheap to use and its quick. It takes a bit to program your Metamask wallet but easy once you got it.

Makes me worry about the price of UNI though. So fast and cheap

1 Like

Listening to you speak about the fellows who developed Web 2.0 not receiving value from what they had developed, Ivan, seems as though each developer should have some Smart Contract that will insure their being able to benefit by the larger percentage for their contribution. Surely, the Web 3.0 developer/s have made sure about the definite compensation of a larger percent than those who have the tokens built upon ethereum.

1 Like

If you want to get a job into crypto, we suggest to expose your self into Linkedin, start follow crypto companiesā€¦some of them have job offers. Also if you want to work as a developer, you should create a good Github portfolio to show your experience with Smart Contracts.

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

1 Like

I have not tried HONEY yet, but it is in my list of ā€œtoDo/researchā€ this next week :slight_smile: , few things that i know about honey is that will help you to save in gas feesā€¦look at CHI or GAS token, they help also to save gas fees in transactions :nerd_face:

Iā€™m still holding some of my UNI tokens, sold some when price was between 6 to 8$. I staked some of my UNI into compound to get some APY, part of the profits when sold them i use them to get a LP on uniswap (to yield farm UNI), other part is on mooniswap, there are some rumors that mooniswap will release their token, so i want to jump into it .

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

Hello @thecil

Which crypto companies to follow on LinkedIn?

Thank you, Carlos.

2 Likes

It sounds like you know what you are doing when in comes to farming and making moves in crypto. I used to have many, many, many bitcoins and I always searched for the newest coin that would do better than it. Then I stopped trading and kept my positions for about a year. When I came back, my 20 bitcoins were now worth 3. All of the altcoins I choose went to 0. Fortunateky I was a beta tester in XRP and they gave me 50000 and i mined a bunch of litecoins so when 2017 hit, I did very well even if i did hold onto my XRP till it dropped to $2.
Anyways, my point is, I am a horrible trader. Mostly everything I have is in Bitcoin, Ethereum and no more than $200 in anything else. Bitcoin is THE KING but, I want to build something on Ethereum. I got the 400 UNI too and should have sold at $8, I got for free so maybe I will hold for a while. I have farmed some with ETH and made a few too; but, the fees on UNISWAP are outrageous. I had a friend who boulght 1 LINK for $9 and the fees were $18 LOL. Except he got the UNI from his one trade so it was worth it. The HON coin I have lost a bit on but the fees were like 1 cent so the loss is extremely minor. Its hard to pick the next big thing but we all know Bitcoin will save the world one day so thats as close to a sure thing as I can find. Ive been saying that since 2012. What are you taking for courses?

1 Like

Glad to hear your story, well all had been into trading and lose money on it (including me).

I do not know enough about DeFi and Yield Farming yet, iā€™m still researching.
But I have develop a simple strategy and stick to it when I have to do some funds moves.

I always check https://ethgasstation.info/, get the lowest fees possible.
Plan my strategy before executing it, how much it will cost me, ROI, time for ROI (Return Of Investment).
Never risk more than Iā€™m afford to lose, never go into weird high return projects (i miss all the food market, not interested for me), Iā€™m a long term hodler, so i just mine eth, research, hold and move time to time some funds to generate more passive incomes (but always at long term).
I stop trading, i just buy when btc price is low, never sellā€¦ last months iā€™ve been just doing DCA (Dollar Cost Average) weeklyā€¦that have been helping me a lot to mantain an stable position on the market.

Carlos Z.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s easy :rofl:, just research for blockchains like chainlink, compound, cardanoā€¦some of them are huge companies that have linkedin profiles.

Carlos Z.

1 Like

I am very happy to be taking this course. I am looking forward to when I can do my own Eth programming.

1 Like

the video about gas is so difficult to understand. language barrier seems to be getting bigger mas i get deeper into the course

1 Like

The one thing that makes everything make sense, is if you consider Gas itā€™s own separate commodity. The EVM/Blockchain desires Gas and not Ether but the Miners/Nodes can turn your Ether into Gas, the EVM has a hard code that tells it exactly how much gas it needs to perform certain computations. For scalability reasons, the Miner/Nodes as well as the Users decide how much Gas = Eth.

I hope I didnā€™t make this more confusing for you.

1 Like

Everything been explained and cleared perfectly so far, just to say am Very Glad to be among all enthusiastic students from all over the world .
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE & Thanks to IVAN and the whole GREAT Team.
:grinning:

1 Like

Catching up with Ethereum and now understanding why some coins have contract address.

Thanks, enjoy very much to be here.

I have a question about the certificate.

At the end of the course they say share your certificate on Linkedin butt where is my certificate with my name on it? I only see a example ! like in the picture.

Is this it or do we get a real one to share with your own name on it? Because i donā€™t see it haha or am I missing something?

Hello @chrismop, hope you are great!

After you finish a course, you should receive your certificate to your email. Then, you can follow those instructions to upload your certificate to your linkedin profile.

Carlos Z.

Hey, I just finished this section of the Ethereum course and I had a question come up during of the episode where Ivan talked about the Web 3.0 token economy, in particular, about how network effects foster monopolies / create entry barriers under the Web 2.0 system and how Web 3.0 protocols have been using incentives for early adopters to break down those monopolies.

My question is: Is there anything inherent to blockchains or Web 3.0 protocols more generally that allows us to design incentive structures in a way that was not possible using Web 2.0 technologies?

On the face of it, it seems to me that offering incentives to early adopters is nothing new - in fact most web 2.0 businesses do this with opening sales/discounts, bonus content and all sorts of other early bird bonuses. Even revenue-sharing models with incentives for early adopters could easily be implemented using Web 2.0 technologies and without the need for a blockchain or tokens.

1 Like

I got into Honey in early Oct when Ivan mentioned it on GMC. I now got into providing liquidity on the Liquidity pools, but Iā€™m wondering how do you claim your rewardā€¦ Does it get deposited on your Metamask or do you have to literally claim it somehow?