Ethereum Advanced

Sound :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Hi Ivan
Thanks for the lecture.
Does the EVM make the byte code available for the CPU to process or does the EVM already execute the code before the CPU takes over?

1 Like

Hello sir, the EVM does not make the byecode, solidity compile the smart contract instructions to bytecode and then the EVM will execute that bytecode on the CPU of the node to ensure that everything works right and will not harm neither the node or the network.

Hope you find this useful! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

4 Likes

learned a good bit already which was honestly pretty shocked by, now i am a bit intimidated but on my toes in a good way, ready to dive into the deep! XD

Thank you Ivan, Fabrice, Filip I love this community <3

2 Likes

Universities are dying, tech companies no longer hire people from universities but educate their own staff so they donā€™t get brainwashed with leftist ideologies, but instead get on the job training. Donā€™t add too much value to a university degree, its a relic from the past, the ā€œoldā€ system that is changing before out eyes. Just my 2 satoshiā€™s :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thatā€™s a good question.

Have had some other users give me some feedback a couple times, which I really appreciated. As I find I learn more with feedback and it causes me to process the thoughts again or look it up and get a more in depth understanding

1 Like

I understand you completely. Experience and Doing things has more Value. I just like the idea of having some Papers for what I did and to have those papers recognized by Industry. For example my Aircraft Maintenance License, which through Learning by Doing I enabled a contract to Add that AML data to the Ethereum Blockchain. The Aviation industry like most other industries are just starting with Blockchain. The license however is a Required piece of Paper, and is Backed up by Authorized Training Academy, EASA 147 for example.

2 Likes

Do you mean a certificate or proof completion for the course? If so, youā€™d be right to say there should be some grading on homework, then possibly an actual test on subjects would provide that? Seeing they would have an enormous work load to read all answers, they could use mostly multiple choice, fill in the blank with just one essay type question. Most of that could be auto marked by the websiteā€¦
Also a good idea would be project assignments. Maybe making small project groups with (and an advanced student/graduate as a leader) and a common goal, sharing and delegating tasks, for example to program a smart contract, or create a tokenā€¦? This could be used as a proof of concept for the group, and little like presenting your thesis to graduate.

Still want to take a better look at your project. Iā€™m working thorough this slowly, but getting a much better understanding of the foundations side of this. I havenā€™t forgotten, when Iā€™m up to speed Iā€™ll come and lurk! :wink:

4 Likes

Actually I was meaning accreditation, like what various universities have. Even a few universities are starting to offer Blockchain courses. I know Ivan on Tech issues Certificates for Each Course, but as I also know that my Friend over at Academy 147, finds out about people faking certificates. So also in this Academy, I feel that a person can learn a lot, but like any university, if you cant apply what you learned then its uselessā€¦ Like, I have completed three courses and have the Certificates, but what can I do with that Certificate?? I was a Buidler before Coming to Ivan on Tech, and these courses help me BuidL. Lol

2 Likes

I really enjoy the course especially the smart contract use case such as paying money/rewards to kids when they earned good grades at school or maybe complete important tasks or WILL. Hope to learn more and understand how to apply those good lessons in the real world. Thank you and God bless! :pray: :hugs:

2 Likes

After going down the crypto rabbit hole three years ago, I am amazed at how much I still donā€™t know after all this time. Thanks for being here to fill in the gaps and bring me up to speed.

2 Likes

As a developer (i donā€™t know for other fields in the blockchain space) people hire you for your project not for your certificate.

I ll hire 10 times a guy who can show me an active github, with a readme, test suite, clean code, an appli/Website published online, a participation to an open source project even if he doesnā€™t have any degree than a guy with a Master in computer science with no projectā€¦

So of course students can click next on every video and say, "I finished all the course in 1 week, i m a genius, i have all the certificate " but what is the point ?
He ll get smashed by the recruiters at his first interview , in the programming fields you need to build your E-reputation if you want to find a job.

Students should take the academy course as a way of building projects.

With the javascript course you can start building your own website where you gonna post your project.

Instead of showing your eth201 certificate, you should add the project you have build during this course on your github. Deploy it on the testnet, host a webpage with your project online and link this project in your online Resume.

You can also write a blog/medium article about blockchains with the knowledge you learnt during the course.

With more knowledge about the DEFI space you can Build new application and you donā€™t even have to code you can just post online about your idea, pitch your idea at an hackaton to find devs or funding.

The main thing here is not only taking INPUT but also sending OUTPUT by making things even they are small, the certificate is showing that you learnt, your project is the output, your way of showing you had understood the notion.
Input without output have no value.

Yes itā€™s a good idea, @ivan and @filip are working on this kind of solution

14 Likes

i have not posted anything to github, my digital ocean is barely doing anything actually nothing, the web design I can actually code is pathetic same as my back-end ability

Thats why I am here. ā€¦

but I am a Doer

Get it done. Build or as Phillip say and Ivan #BuidL

https://securityfundtoken.com/

4 Likes

Great answer!
Iā€™m saving this for future reference and motivation. Being a beginner, I have a long way to go. So Iā€™ll likely review certain parts of the course when I start working on my own outputs

2 Likes

even if that looks ā€œadvancedā€ its just a step really, I really understand you, how you may feel like overwhelmed or still like a rookie in Crypto, I feel that way still, and every day new things are being built and come out, its incredibly difficult to find time or to decide on the best use of time. I just pace myself , really like a tortoise, the reason JavaScript lesson is like 2 months still and only 1/3 complete, I will need to revisit all again refresh before moving forward. Crypto Enthusiasm gives me the Gas to keep going

3 Likes

Yeh that Java script will be a long one when it comes up, I thinkā€¦
is there anywhere to ā€œplayā€ with it or do exercises? Like a Flight Simulator for Java???

2 Likes

right click your mouse,then you select ā€œInspectā€ or press Ctrl + shift + I ,then you see the ā€œCodeā€ of whatever you have in your Browser, its HTML format usually but some Java is in the type , visual observations , stage of Learning , if works for you, otherwise Download Atom and play around

1 Like

Hello sir, here are some links that i found with some exercises or examples that can challenge your knowledge!

Hope you find this useful! :slight_smile:

If you have any doubt, please let us know so we can help you!

Carlos Z.

3 Likes

I really like https://www.codewars.com/
Itā€™s fun and by reading other people answers you can really improve

6 Likes

Helloā€¦ Constandinos here.

1 Like