I'm Ur JavaScript Study-Buddy!

I’m lovin’ the VIBE and ENERGY you put out here man! @lordkalvin
Makes everyone pumped up to learn more! Kudos to you and your growth in the Academy!

I’m also surprised that JS is directly related to building smart contracts! I’m building a DEX right now, learning how to tweak minor details and add use cases. I built wallets, tokens, and other stuff with guidance from the academy, of course, you’ll learn this stuff along the way as well!

Happy learning everyone!

2 Likes

Happy Monday yal //

I was unable to complete my progress goal last week. :weary: :persevere: :pensive: :sob:
I ran into some family shit last Tues, which I unfortunately allowed to throw me off my game allaway thru the weekend.

No excuses tho. I shoulda had the discipline to get back on track sooner. Iss embarassing to come up short, but I gotta take personal responsibility n work harder this week to catch up.

Last week I intended to go from lesson 16 - 23, but I only made it to lesson 19.

This week 's goal will be to progress from lesson 19 - 26.

I won’t let myself fall off this time, even if I gotta deal w/another black-swan event.

Anyway, I preciate yal’s support! I wanna hear what yal r gonna accomplish this week too!
Issa nu week, LEZ GETTIT!

@LORDKALVIN

UPDATES //

• MOND
    • Finished lesson 19
  • TUES
    • Finished reading chapter 2 of textbook
  • WEDS
    • completed lessons 20 - 22
2 Likes

hey @lordkalvin , I have been in lesson 26 for 3 weeks :joy: so don’t feel bad.
Things kept on coming up and I’d have to start over, because when I came back to it after a few days, it seemed completely new to me. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I am not going to get hung up on that though because I notice I get a better grasp of past lessons as I advance.

so the little breaks you are forced to take are not so bad. The important thing is that you get back on it. I’m advancing to lesson 27 after I type this.
Let’s see how far I can get today. :blush:

2 Likes

Hello JS tribe ! :grin:
I found a pretty cool site for free coding lessons, and I have been playing around there to review the lessons I have learned so far.
It’s pretty cool and helps a great deal.
I am all for tackling this from different angles. :blush:

www.freecodecamp.org

Hope this helps !!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this @Marie! Big help to refresh knowledge learned at the academy and also a great site to learn new things!

Happy learning! :v:

1 Like

Hello My fellow JSers !

Hope everyone is having a great week.
Just checking in to report I finished lesson 36.
I will most likely spend the next few days reviewing the lessons AGAIN. :joy:

Keep steady everyone, and enjoy your weekend !!

1 Like

Hey Errbody //

I’m back in this hoe. Fell off CRAZY due to some bullshit. Too much to type, but I’m back in this bitch! Finna finish up thru lesson 26 THIS WEEK.

RIP to my login streak :broken_heart:

I hate fallin off, but iss ok as long as I get back on.

What are yal learnin JS for BTW?

@LORDKALVIN

2 Likes

Hey! New to this forum - good to meet all of you guys.

Anyway, thank you for the link to the video - I’m definitely looking for ways to supplement this course because I just don’t feel like I’m “getting it” but I’m a smart cookie so I know I just need to find the right way for me to learn the information. Videos are fantastic for me to use to supplement the dry reading with. I H.A.T.E. the reading but I’m sticking with it and knocking it out - it’s just too slow and I feel like I waste my time when “all” I do is the academy coursework because I don’t think I have actually “learned” anything. When I watch additional videos or go over to https://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp, I realize I have learned stuff and these extras are helping solidify it in my mind. One of the things I definitely DON’T want to do is go through the course THINKING I’m learning something, only to realize I didn’t and have to start over.

2 Likes

Did you figure out the answer to this one?

1 Like

Same thing happened to me man, had a 2-week slump! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hey ! I’m glad you like the video !
It really helps tackling all these concepts from different angles.

try www.freecodecamp.org too.

You learn by actually doing exercises, and you get into the nitty gritty of coding.

It is an awesome free resource for other coding lessons too.

Oh cool! Thanks for sharing that! I just checked it out quickly and it looks pretty interesting! I’m assuming you signed up - do they spam you to death or leave your email alone? :slight_smile:

oh no. they are legit. No spamming at all. :blush:

1 Like

Hello everyone //

I am finally back after a 2mo break!
notice my absence correlates w/the start of the latest bearish cycle! :rofl:

Been back at it since last week! actually came back stronger, finished the exercises at the end of chapter 2. Especially proud of myself for figurin out the fizzBuzzChallenge all on my own!! I really wanted to get that one since the textBook says issa interview question, n my market value would increase upon solvin it lololol

Anyway, I’m fully recovered from the stress of the bull market,

[me n my GF did GREAT btw! we hit 6 figure profits for the first time in our lives thx to BSC projects!!!]

n I’m onna nu gym routine, so my energy levels are * o p t i m i z e d *, so I don’t foresee myself fallin off for extended periods of time before gettin my

javaScriptDiploma

Anyway, I’m back in this shit!!
Sry for ghostin lol!
lez keep growin n learnin together!!!

@LORDKALVIN

1 Like

ps: did the website update throw yal off a lil bit!!?? it was kinda a pain inna ass for me lol, it was RIGHT on my annual subscription renewal , so was a slight headache gettin my acct renewed lol.

Happy they made much needed updates/upgrades etc tho! I’m so excited n inspired by what Ivan n team has been buildin for us.

I’m headin * s t r a i g h t * for moralis soon as I get this MFKN javaScriptDiploma lmaooooo

@LORDKALVIN

1 Like

nope still a mystery to me!
p gotta talk to the mfkn creator of javaScript bout this’n lol

Love the enthusiasm! Keep up the great work @lordkalvin! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Whas up yal //

I’m currently on the chapter 3 exercises. Functions got me really excited. I hate that it took me so many years to get interested in coding! iss not as hard as I thought.
[iss only extremely hard, not impossible like I thought originally]

Anyone still rockin w/me here? lez connect n talk abt Javascript! My GF yawns so big if I even say the word “function” or “operator” to her, so ion have anyone to chop it up abt programmin wit LOL

• What has errbody been up to lately?

@LORDKALVIN

1 Like

GUYS //

I JUST FIGURED OUT THE isEven(n) recursion problem!!
I haven’t looked at the official answers yet, so I’m sure my answer is nowhere near as eloquent as the author’s, but I’m SO PROUD!

I got it to work for negative numbers too!! Hahaha, this is def elementary coding shit that any child coder can do, but I am so happy to be here lol!

Hope yal r still growin n advancin in this shit!

@LORDKALVIN

1 Like

// Hello good ppl

Hope yal’s studies r goin great.
I’mma wrap up this CS50 lecture 10 today.
This is the 2nd or 3rd HARVARD lecture that these courses have put us on…

does this make us honorary Harvard alumni??
Cuz I’m boutta flex if so!

Anyway, issa Monday! lez work n study hard this week errbody!
My current course progress is 56%; my goal is to hit 64% before next Monday!

@LORDKALVIN