Polkadot - Discussion

Thank you @Alko89. Another questiom. When I nominated the validators, some didnt accept or answer for my request! In the end, only one validator accepted my request of nominating him.Why did that happen and can I change the nomination? Or once its accepted, I cant change it.
Thanks.

If you pick more nominators only one of them will be selected for nomination, unless youā€™re a whale then the balances will be split. Tbh Iā€™m not sure at what values exactly this happens. But once you have nominated your DOT you should be able to change validators anytime you wish. Keep in mind that the change will not be visible until the end of the era :slight_smile:

Hello @Alko89.
I staked my DOTs in August, and today I enter at my wallet at polkadot.js and apparently Iā€™m with the same amount of DOT from last monthā€¦ So I dont know if I receive some DOT and I cant see them on my total balance, or if the validator that I nominated receive 100% of the commission?. Can you help me understand what is going on? What is a 100% of commission? Thanks,

Hello @Alko89 so In the case that the validator that I nominate is getting the 100% of the rewards, how can i change the validator? I didnt choose himā€¦it was automatic.
TThanks

If you want to change the nominator, you can go to Account actions in the Staking tab. There you can stop nominating your stash and then nominate a new validator.

You should always pick your validators manually from the menu and make sure to do your research before that. You can also just pick my validator called GoOpen, I have it for both Polkadot and Kusama :slight_smile:

OK @Alko89, i nominated Goopen! Just waitig for you to accept!
Thank you very much!

:tada: :tada:

Its not for me to accept, anyone can nominate. Its just a matter of waiting for the validator to get in the active set. :slight_smile:

Hello @Alko89, Iā€™ve made the nomination of my DOTS to Goopen on the September 24th. But in my polkadot wallet it still appear that is ā€œwaiting for indicationā€. Is it normal? here is my print screen, but is in portugueseā€¦Thank you!

Hey @Marina_GSZ. Yes at the moment my validator is not always in the validator set due to not having enough funds. But since Iā€™m in the 1kv program, the w3f is nominating the required funds among a set of other validators.
So it is guaranteed that my validator will be in the active set every few days.
Last time I was in the set was on 30. September. If you delegated funds before that you should already have got some staking rewards. :slight_smile:

Itā€™s really great to be here.

1 Like

hapy to be here, Im here to learn more about substrate as I need that for my job as well as mastering polkadot ecosystem is a huge plus on skill set