Setting up the Environment - Discussion

@thecil Hi Carlos, thank you! Same to you.
Installation seemed fine, but I was not able to create an Account.
I read some of the posts here and tried v2.0.6, v2.0.5, and v2.0.0 of EOSIO, but could not get it to work, even though I uninstalled EOS Studio several times and deleted the user data on my machine. Now I get this error:

1 Like

That might happen because the port on docker is still being used by another instance, you could try to reboot docker by just going into the icon from the notification bar in windows, or force close in Task Manager.

Try it and let me know.

Carlos Z.

1 Like

@thecil Ok. I tried rebooting docker, reboot PC, Task Manager Force close, deleted all containers, and created an exception for docker in my firewall. Still no progress. Now I get this:

1 Like

Hey @Toby_K, hope you are great.

I google the error docker system.exception the notification platform is unaviable, there is a link in the docker forum about this same issue and apparently this could be the solution.

Here is the link if you want to dig into the docker forum:
https://forums.docker.com/t/windows-10-docker-error-the-notification-platform-is-unavailable-exception-from-hresult-0x803e0105/89655/2

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

Thank you, Carlos! Tried that, but file sharing is not available in my docker version.

When setting up a node on my mac Iā€™m getting this message:
Do you want the application ā€œnodeosā€ to accept incoming network connections?
Is it this normal and safe?

1 Like

Yes, is a common security network to allow some programs to accept incoming network connections.

Carlos Z

1 Like

okay, thank you for your help!

I canā€™t find the local node on EOS, and the other options are cloud, mainnet, cryptokalin, and jungle which donā€™t have a create instance button. I created a node in terminal but I donā€™t know how to connect it to EOS. The link on EOSā€™s website for nodeā€™s isnā€™t helpful and Iā€™m really confused on how to get the node to link to EOSā€¦

1 Like

Do I have to create a nodejs?

Which EOS do you recommend? v2.02, 3, 4, 5 or 6?
Looks like there are issues in using the old version.
I am using Mac. Thanks!

1 Like

That could be an issue with EOS Studio interface or backend, sadly I canā€™t do too much to solve it, you might wanna ask directly to EOS Studio Support Team about that error: https://t.me/eosstudio

Also I could advice you to install EOS Studio on your computer and run it locally (you might find less errors using your own local node). Tutorials are easy to follow, you might have to install docker also in your computer https://www.eosstudio.io/#tutorials

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

I could suggest to stick with the version that we use in the course, off course can be a little bit out of date but you should not find any error over the course journey if you stick with the same tools and version that filip use.

Carlos Z

the old version doesnā€™t exist.

1 Like

True, version 1.7ā€¦ is not avaiable anymore, iā€™m using v2.0.6 for eos studio, you might wanna try that one, but in any case you can switch between different versions if there is any problem.

Carlos Z

Iā€™m working on the EOS link you gave me but I found this vid by Filip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbczJDA6cik&list=LL&index=2, is this another way to set up a node, I donā€™t see him programming in the actual EOS app?

1 Like

Yes, thats another way to setup a node, which could be a little bit more complex if you dont have experience working with CLI (command line interface), but on EOS 201 we also teach how to deploy your own NODEOS using CLI.

My advice, learn how to deploy/work-with EOS STUDIO locally and NODEOS (EOS 201) because those are mainly the most common tools for EOS developing.

Carlos Z.

1 Like

I solved the problem thank you!

1 Like

When they tell you to just use the web IDE but youā€™d rather run everything locally on arch
so you can use vim.

Now letā€™s get to work! lol

1 Like

Hi there,

Iā€™m trying to install EOStudio on my windows PC as the web version does not seem to allow for local nodes which is how the tutorial is explained.
I downloaded docker PC but when I open the initial screen of the studio it doesnā€™t recognize docker as active.

Is there anything Iā€™m missing?

Thanks!

1 Like