Setting up the Environment - Discussion

Can’t take the same procedures taken bu tutor during the cause of the class
I use windows

I’m stucked on account creation
Which network is best used on windows?

I’m stucked here

Hello @Cryptoinsight, hope you are great.

Have you installed docker? download EOS Studio for windows?

The EOS Studio for windows will guide you through the setup process to install everything it needs.

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

During the early stages of the course, filip mentioned that eos studio is has to be web based as it the studio is not available offline for windows

Is there alternative?

1 Like

Yep, deploy your own EOS Studio locally :nerd_face: https://www.eosstudio.io/

Hope you find this useful.
If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

@filip @thecil

Hey I’m not able to instal system contracts. I get this screen…(if it helps I v2.07 0n Eos because the one you mentioned wasn’t there at all) Ty

1 Like

I’m stucked here
I don’t know what to do

1 Like

Hello @HanaYezi, hope you are great!

Now, Go to your App Store, and install Xcode, that might help you fix the issue. Let me know later :nerd_face:

Carlos Z.

1 Like

You need to install Docker, after correctly installing it, you should be able to follow the setup.

Here are some instructions to install it.

https://hub.docker.com/editions/community/docker-ce-desktop-windows

Carlos Z.

There is no local on the web version… what do you do?

2 Likes

So unable to use the EOS Studio because the Docker Desktop requires virtualization which means it needs hyper-v to run and hyper-v doesn’t work on windows 10 home…

1 Like

You could also try to install it on an virtual machine on linux, which will not need the hyper-v feature, also you could try to reach a little bit further into the EOS 201 course to learn how to deploy your own Nodeos local server.

Sadly the EOS Studio web-based is failing time to time, they are still working on it to fix it. But the best and more easy solution is to learn how to compile and deploy smart contracts through Nodeos.

EOS Studio = Remix on Ethereum
Nodeos = Truffle on Ethereum.

Carlos Z

I do not see a “local” network in my EOS studio network drop down menu. I am trying to set up EOS studio in the platform walk through section. Your help is much appreciated!

1 Like

Hi, I’m having trouble downloading the eos.io on my mac it just gives me an error and says EOS Studio” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

1 Like

@filip I need some assistance

1 Like

This is a simple security measure of MAC OS, here we refer to a simple tutorial to fix it:

Carlos Z.

your a life saver man thank you

1 Like

I was able to set up the local version of EOSStudio on my Win10. Unfortunately, the older versions of EOSIO used in the videos are no longer available. Hope this will still let me follow through in the course.

1 Like

Hi @Toby_K, hope your are well.

Congratulation for installing the EOS Studio in you windows correctly, it should be good enough to help you face the course without any issue from now on, the main issue from EOS Studio is on their web app, which have a lot of issues when trying to use it on testnet.

Anyway please let me know if you have any doubt or question along your course path to help you asap.

Carlos Z